Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Way of the Intern


Someone who in internship ready is constantly responsible and holding themselves accountable for their actions on and off-site.  They are leaders to say the least, and they show up ready to learn and be an example to others.  Also, someone who is internship ready knows the material well and can execute what they’ve learned without any issues and won’t allow themselves to fold under pressure. 

I have a couple of ways to show myself as “internship-ready.”  One way is converting on all of the growth areas presented to me from my first evaluation. I had issues with my dependability due to lack of organization and discipline, and with only a handful of weeks left, I must and will perfect this skill so I can be nearly flawless.  Also, I will make sure to reduce the amount of infractions I have received by at least half, but the ultimate goal is to avoid them altogether.  I found myself earning infractions that were so petty and could’ve been avoided so easily had I paid more attention to detail, so I implemented a plan to keep myself organized and ahead of schedule before every class. Failure and mistake are no longer options.

My attitude and energy are always high, but I want to make sure to bring them up another notch. I want to continue speaking in a professional manner so much that it becomes second nature.  Most importantly, I want to make sure that my organization is flawless, so there wouldn’t be a soul that I don’t impress.

No comments:

Post a Comment