Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The "Blessing" and the "Curse"

The best job that I ever had is the job which I work at right now.  I am a server at Red Robin and I’ve really have some great experiences while here. Some of my primary responsibilities are greeting and taking care of our guests by writing down their orders and keeping their drinks full.  This was the most important part because the company’s success was determined by the prodigious service that my coworkers and I gave to our guests. The job was made enjoyable by the people that I worked with. The managers at Red Robin strive to hire very friendly and social people, so there was never a problem with making friends and establishing a core of efficient teamwork.  While at Red Robin, I became a better socially, and I really made good use of my small talk. The social skills that it takes to excel at this job are what will help me be successful at internship.

The worst job I ever had took place at GameStop. I had the responsibility of alphabetizing and helping guests when they needed assistance or were ready to pay.  I did enjoy the fact that I worked amid one of my favorite things, being video games and accessories.  I also liked the fact that I was always on top of whatever new games were coming out so I could try to sell it to customers or reserve it for myself. What made this job so dreadful is the fact that it was so boring and the dead times outweighed the busy times. I developed good study skills for the games that were coming out and I learned that I can’t be bored wherever I work or else there will be problems with my performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment