Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My thoughts before and during the break


This winter break has been an extreme relief for me.  I have never been so worn out from working until coming to Year Up, which took up so much of the social life that I once had.  I find myself waking up and going to sleep thinking about Tech, BC and Pro skills every day, making sure that I’m organized and ready to take on the next day’s challenge, whatever that may be.  The meager 4-5 hours of sleep that I get every night doesn’t make anything easier for me, but now I totally understand why so many adults drink coffee in the morning.  During the last week before Christmas break, I spent every day mounting my anxiety because I desperately needed some time to rest, relax, and be with the people whom I love.  I wanted to make sure that I get through the week working hard, but it felt like I had senioritis for a second.  I was so focused on free time that I didn’t feel like I was putting out complete efforts in class.  My head is much clearer now that I’ve been able to wake up in the morning, look at the clock, and throw the covers over my head again without thinking about the consequences.  My head is finally clear and I feel relieved waking up and not thinking about what assignments I need to make sure I have turned in. Although there is homework due, I take it as working from home, because I choose when to complete it myself and don’t have to worry about physically getting the assignment in by a deadline.  This week was most definitely needed and will be a great charge for my brain so I can come back to Year Up primed for succeeding beyond expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment