Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The way for me to make it


When I make it to Atlassian in two weeks, I’m quite sure that the first skill my manager and fellow workers will get to see first will be my communication skills.  I enjoy conversing with people on a regular basis, and talking regularly with other workers there will strengthen my professional diction and make my word choice so much more polished.  My position is based on desktop support, so my communication skills will be most important to sharpen if I plan on being effective when I receive my first real call from a software user.

One question that’s been constantly circulating through my mind is ,”Will I be working with hardware?” I really have the most passion to strip and reassemble computers, so I want to make sure that I’m able to let that be known when I get the opportunity.

I hope that my manager, Dylan, will be very laid back, exciting, and personable. I can be most efficient whenever I’m in a comfortable workplace.  After seeing the building and its environment, I’m sure it will be anything but tight and conservative.

I believe one of the best ways to stand out at this internship is to fit in.  If the other workers see me as just one of the guys, it will be hard for them to make the decision of letting me go after internship.  If I can become a part of the team to the point that working without me would seem weird, then I have solidified my spot at Atlassian.

No comments:

Post a Comment